Subject: Re: Gigamem + Lightwave ???
From: [email-masked] (Brian Roberts)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 1994 13:19:25 -0800 (PDT)

Yes, I have.  It works.  What more can I say?

Actually, a little more.

Although Lightwave and GigaMem seem to be compatible, I have had to curtail
networking (using EnLAN DFS) when Gigamem is running.  These two programs
(EnLan DFS and GigaMem) do NOT play well together.  I haven't had time to
methodically narrow down the exact circumstances when problems arise.  I do
know that I can render for weeks using GigaMem and Lightwave (3.1) without
any problem.  The same cannot be said if EnLAN is running.  MTBGF (Mean
Time Between Guru Visits) rises exponentially when running the two
together...  :-) I don't know if its because of what is going on on the
other (networked) machine, or just an incompatiblity between EnLAN and
GigaMem.  I'll post more information as I get it.

> 
> Errrmmm... Anybody out there actually tried using the GigaMem virtual memory
> product with Lightwave?  Do it work? Gee, I hope so...
> 
> Regards,
> Luke Montgomery
> CompVif Graphics Services
> [email-masked]
>